Toto toilets are known for their high quality and durability. But have you ever wondered where they are made? In this article, we will take a closer look at the manufacturing process of Toto toilets and learn more about the company’s commitment to quality. We will also discuss the different features that make Toto toilets stand out from the competition. So if you’re curious about where your Toto toilet comes from, read on!
| Country | City | Factory |
| Japan | Kitakyushu | Kurume Plant |
| Thailand | Samut Prakan | Samut Prakan Plant |
| Vietnam | Ho Chi Minh City | Ho Chi Minh City Plant |
Toto toilets are some of the most popular and well-respected toilets on the market. They are known for their high quality, durability, and innovative features. But where are Toto toilets made?
In this article, we will take a closer look at the history of Toto toilets, the manufacturing process, and where Toto toilets are made today.
History of Toto Toilets
Toto was founded in 1917 in Japan. The company originally produced a variety of products, including bathtubs and sinks. In the 1960s, Toto began to focus on the production of toilets.
Toto toilets quickly became known for their high quality and innovative features. In 1980, Toto introduced the first flushing toilet with a built-in bidet. This revolutionary new toilet quickly became a global success.
Today, Toto is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of toilets. The company has factories in Japan, China, Thailand, and the United States. Toto toilets are sold in over 150 countries worldwide.
The manufacturing process for Toto toilets is complex and involves a number of steps. The first step is to create the molds for the toilet bowl and tank. These molds are made from a special type of metal that is resistant to heat and corrosion.
Once the molds are created, the next step is to cast the toilet bowl and tank. This is done by pouring molten porcelain into the molds. The porcelain is then cured in a kiln at high temperatures.
After the toilet bowl and tank are cured, the next step is to apply the glaze. The glaze is a protective coating that helps to keep the toilet bowl clean and sanitary.
The final step in the manufacturing process is to assemble the toilet. This involves attaching the toilet bowl to the tank, connecting the plumbing, and installing the seat.
Where Are Toto Toilets Made?
Toto toilets are manufactured in a variety of factories around the world. The company has factories in Japan, China, Thailand, and the United States.
The majority of Toto toilets are manufactured in Japan. This is because Japan is home to Toto’s headquarters and research and development center. The company also has a number of factories in China and Thailand.
Toto toilets are also manufactured in the United States. The company has a factory in North Carolina that produces toilets for the North American market.
Toto toilets are some of the most popular and well-respected toilets on the market. They are known for their high quality, durability, and innovative features. Toto toilets are manufactured in a variety of factories around the world, with the majority of production taking place in Japan.
If you are looking for a high-quality toilet that will last for years to come, a Toto toilet is a great option.
Features of Toto Toilets
Toto toilets are known for their high quality and performance. They feature a variety of features that make them a great choice for any bathroom.
- Flushing systems: Toto toilets use a variety of flushing systems, including gravity flush, dual flush, and Tornado flush. Gravity flush toilets use the force of gravity to flush waste away, while dual flush toilets use two different flush volumes to save water. Tornado flush toilets use a swirling motion to create a powerful flush that removes waste quickly and efficiently.
- Seat designs: Toto toilets come with a variety of seat designs, including elongated seats, round seats, and comfort height seats. Elongated seats are longer and wider than round seats, and comfort height seats are taller than standard seats. Toto also offers a variety of seat materials, including plastic, wood, and soft close seats.
- Water-saving technologies: Toto toilets are designed to save water. They use a variety of water-saving technologies, including dual flush toilets, water-saving nozzles, and low-flow toilets. Dual flush toilets use two different flush volumes, a full flush for solids and a half flush for liquids. Water-saving nozzles reduce the amount of water used per flush, and low-flow toilets use less water than standard toilets.
Toto toilets are also available in a variety of colors and styles to suit any bathroom. They come in a variety of colors, including white, black, beige, and gray. Toto also offers a variety of styles, including contemporary, traditional, and transitional.
Toto toilets are highly rated by consumers. They have received numerous awards and accolades for their quality and performance.
- In 2023, Toto was named the “Best Toilet Brand” by Good Housekeeping.
- In 2022, Toto was named the “Most Trusted Toilet Brand” by Consumer Reports.
- In 2021, Toto was named the “Top Toilet Brand” by Angie’s List.
Toto toilets are also backed by a warranty, which provides peace of mind to consumers. Toto offers a one-year warranty on all of its toilets.
Toto toilets are a great choice for any bathroom. They are made with high-quality materials and construction, and they feature a variety of features that make them a great value. Toto toilets are also highly rated by consumers, and they are backed by a warranty.
If you are looking for a new toilet, Toto is a great option. Toto toilets are available at a variety of retailers, and you can find them online at Toto’s website.
Where are Toto toilets made?
Toto toilets are made in Japan. The company has manufacturing plants in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture, and Oita Prefecture.
What is the difference between Toto toilets and other brands?
Toto toilets are known for their high quality, durability, and innovative features. Some of the features that set Toto toilets apart from other brands include:
- Ceramic glaze: Toto toilets are made with a unique ceramic glaze that is more resistant to scratches and stains than the glaze used on other toilets.
- Dual flush system: Toto toilets come with a dual flush system that allows you to choose between a full flush and a half flush. This helps you save water and money.
- Washlet: Toto toilets can be equipped with a Washlet, which is a bidet-style toilet seat that provides a cleansing spray. Washlets are a popular feature in Japan and are becoming increasingly popular in other countries.
**Are Toto toilets expensive?
Toto toilets can be more expensive than other brands, but they are also known for their quality and durability. If you are looking for a high-quality toilet that will last for many years, a Toto toilet is a good option.
**Where can I buy Toto toilets?
Toto toilets are available at a variety of retailers, including home improvement stores, department stores, and online retailers.
**What is the warranty on Toto toilets?
Toto toilets come with a limited warranty of one to five years. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship.
**How do I clean a Toto toilet?
To clean a Toto toilet, you can use a mild household cleaner and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse the toilet thoroughly after cleaning.
**Can I install a Toto toilet myself?
It is possible to install a Toto toilet yourself, but it is recommended to hire a professional plumber to do the job. Installing a toilet incorrectly can damage the toilet and/or your plumbing.
Toto toilets are made in Japan. The company has a long history of manufacturing high-quality toilets, and its products are known for their durability, efficiency, and comfort. Toto toilets are also known for their innovative features, such as the Tornado Flush and the E Water+ system. If you are looking for a high-quality toilet that will last for years to come, a Toto toilet is a great option.
Liana Farrell is the owner of toiletty.com. She is a mom of two and is very passionate about home improvement.
Liana has ten years of home improvement experience, and in her own words, she said: “I love improving the home, and I’m very passionate about keeping the home in the best possible condition. I love it!”
Liana Farrell balances beauty and functionality when she goes about her home improvement jobs.
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Replace a Moen Faucet Cartridge in 6 Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Fix a Leaky Shower Faucet in 5 Easy Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Repair a Moen Bathroom Faucet (Step-by-Step Guide)
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Install a Freestanding Tub Faucet on Concrete: A Step-by-Step Guide