Is There A 58 Inch Bathtub?
If you’re looking for a large bathtub that will fit in your master bathroom, you may be wondering if there is a 58 inch bathtub available. The answer is yes, there are a few different models of 58 inch bathtubs on the market.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at 58 inch bathtubs, including their size, features, and benefits. We’ll also discuss some of the factors you should consider when choosing a bathtub.
So, if you’re ready to learn more about 58 inch bathtubs, keep reading!
|Avocet 58″ Acrylic Soaking Tub
|Pursuit 58″ Acrylic Soaking Tub
|Happy D.2 58″ Acrylic Soaking Tub
What is a 58-inch bathtub?
A 58-inch bathtub is a type of bathtub that measures 58 inches in length. This makes it a good option for people who are tall or who want to be able to stretch out in the tub. 58-inch bathtubs are also typically wider than standard bathtubs, which provides more room for lounging.
Dimensions of a 58-inch bathtub
The standard dimensions for a 58-inch bathtub are 58 inches long, 30 inches wide, and 18 inches deep. However, there are also some 58-inch bathtubs that are slightly smaller or larger than these dimensions.
Different types of 58-inch bathtubs
There are a variety of different types of 58-inch bathtubs available, including:
- Standard bathtubs: These are the most common type of 58-inch bathtub and feature a simple design with a single faucet and drain.
- Whirlpool bathtubs: These bathtubs feature jets that provide a massage-like experience.
- Air-jet bathtubs: These bathtubs feature air bubbles that create a gentle massage.
- Corner bathtubs: These bathtubs are designed to fit into a corner of a bathroom.
- Freestanding bathtubs: These bathtubs are not installed against a wall and can be placed anywhere in the bathroom.
Benefits of owning a 58-inch bathtub
There are a number of benefits to owning a 58-inch bathtub, including:
- More room to stretch out: A 58-inch bathtub provides more room to stretch out than a standard bathtub, which can be more comfortable for people who are tall or who want to be able to relax in the tub.
- More width: 58-inch bathtubs are also typically wider than standard bathtubs, which provides more room for lounging.
- Whirlpool or air-jet features: Many 58-inch bathtubs come with whirlpool or air-jet features, which can provide a relaxing massage experience.
- Corner or freestanding designs: 58-inch bathtubs are available in both corner and freestanding designs, which gives you more flexibility in terms of where you can place the bathtub in your bathroom.
Where to buy a 58-inch bathtub
There are a few different places where you can buy a 58-inch bathtub, including:
- Online retailers: Many online retailers sell 58-inch bathtubs. This is a convenient option if you want to be able to compare prices and read reviews from other customers.
- Brick-and-mortar stores: You can also find 58-inch bathtubs at some brick-and-mortar stores, such as home improvement stores and department stores.
- Local bathtub dealers: If you live in a small town or rural area, you may want to consider finding a local bathtub dealer. This can be a good option if you want to be able to see and touch the bathtub before you buy it.
Some of the most popular online retailers that sell 58-inch bathtubs include:
- Home Depot
- Bath Fitter
Some of the most popular brick-and-mortar stores that sell 58-inch bathtubs include:
- Home Depot
- The Home Depot
- Bath Fitter
Local bathtub dealers
If you live in a small town or rural area, you may want to consider finding a local bathtub dealer. This can be a good option if you want to be able to see and touch the bathtub before you buy it.
A 58-inch bathtub is a good option for people who are tall or who want to be able to stretch out in the tub. There are a variety of different types of 58-inch bathtubs available, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. You can buy a 58-inch bathtub from an online retailer, a brick-and-mortar store, or a local bathtub dealer.
Is There A 58 Inch Bathtub?
Yes, there is a 58 inch bathtub. It is a popular size for bathrooms that are on the smaller side, as it provides plenty of room for soaking without taking up too much space. 58 inch bathtubs are typically made of acrylic or fiberglass, and they come in a variety of styles and colors to suit your needs.
How to Install a 58-Inch Bathtub
Installing a 58-inch bathtub is a relatively simple project that can be completed in a few hours. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the bathtub is installed correctly and safely.
Here are the steps involved in installing a 58-inch bathtub:
1. Measure the space where you will be installing the bathtub. The bathtub should be at least 6 inches wider and 6 inches longer than the space you have available.
2. Dig a hole in the floor that is large enough to accommodate the bathtub. The hole should be about 1 inch wider and 1 inch longer than the bathtub on all sides.
3. Place a layer of gravel in the bottom of the hole. This will help to drain water away from the bathtub.
4. Set the bathtub in the hole. Make sure that the bathtub is level and that the drain is properly aligned.
5. Connect the bathtub to the plumbing. The bathtub will need to be connected to the hot and cold water supply lines, as well as the drain.
6. Install the faucet and shower head. The faucet and shower head can be installed before or after the bathtub is installed.
7. Seal the bathtub. The bathtub should be sealed to the floor and walls to prevent leaks.
8. Fill the bathtub with water and test it for leaks. Make sure that there are no leaks around the bathtub or the plumbing connections.
Things to Consider When Installing a 58-Inch Bathtub
When installing a 58-inch bathtub, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- The size of the bathtub. Make sure that the bathtub is the right size for your bathroom. A 58-inch bathtub is a good option for bathrooms that are on the smaller side, but it may be too big for some bathrooms.
- The type of bathtub. There are a variety of different types of bathtubs available, including acrylic, fiberglass, and cast iron. Each type of bathtub has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- The features of the bathtub. Some bathtubs come with features such as built-in jets, whirlpools, and shelves. Consider the features that are important to you when choosing a bathtub.
- The budget. The cost of a bathtub can vary significantly depending on the size, type, and features. Set a budget before you start shopping for a bathtub so that you can stay within your limits.
Frequently Asked Questions About 58-Inch Bathtubs
- Is a 58-inch bathtub too big?
A 58-inch bathtub is not too big for most people. However, it is important to measure the space where you will be installing the bathtub to make sure that it will fit.
- What is the difference between a 58-inch bathtub and a 60-inch bathtub?
The main difference between a 58-inch bathtub and a 60-inch bathtub is the size. A 58-inch bathtub is slightly smaller than a 60-inch bathtub.
- What is the best type of 58-inch bathtub?
The best type of 58-inch bathtub depends on your needs and budget. There are a variety of different types of 58-inch bathtubs available, including acrylic, fiberglass, and cast iron.
A 58-inch bathtub is a great option for bathrooms that are on the smaller side. It provides plenty of room for soaking without taking up too much space. 58 inch bathtubs are typically made of acrylic or fiberglass, and they come in a variety of styles and colors to suit your needs.
If you are considering installing a 58-inch bathtub, be sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure that the bathtub is installed correctly and safely.
Is There a 58 Inch Bathtub?
Yes, there are a number of 58 inch bathtubs available on the market. Some of the most popular models include the following:
- American Standard Champion 58-Inch Acrylic Drop-In Bathtub
- Kohler Signature 58-Inch Acrylic Clawfoot Bathtub
- Duravit PuraVida 58-Inch Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub
These bathtubs are all made from high-quality materials and construction, and they offer a variety of features to suit your needs. For example, the American Standard Champion bathtub features a built-in seat and a textured bottom for added comfort, while the Kohler Signature bathtub has a waterfall faucet and a curved backrest for relaxation.
What are the benefits of a 58 inch bathtub?
There are a number of benefits to owning a 58 inch bathtub, including:
- More space: A 58 inch bathtub provides more space than a smaller bathtub, so you can relax and stretch out. This is especially important if you have a larger body type or if you want to share the bathtub with someone else.
- Comfort: A 58 inch bathtub is also more comfortable than a smaller bathtub. The extra space allows you to move around more easily and get into a more comfortable position.
- Luxury: A 58 inch bathtub is a luxurious addition to any bathroom. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day.
What are the drawbacks of a 58 inch bathtub?
The main drawback of a 58 inch bathtub is that it takes up more space than a smaller bathtub. This may be a problem if you have a small bathroom or if you’re not sure where you would put a larger bathtub.
Another potential drawback is that a 58 inch bathtub can be more expensive than a smaller bathtub. However, the extra cost is often worth it for the added benefits of a larger bathtub.
How do I choose the right 58 inch bathtub?
When choosing a 58 inch bathtub, there are a few factors you’ll need to consider, including:
- Size: The most important factor to consider is the size of your bathroom. Make sure there is enough space for the bathtub and any other fixtures you want to include.
- Shape: There are a variety of different bathtub shapes to choose from, including oval, rectangular, and square. Choose a shape that fits your bathroom and your personal preferences.
- Material: Bathtubs are typically made from acrylic, fiberglass, or porcelain. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Acrylic bathtubs are lightweight and affordable, while fiberglass bathtubs are durable and easy to clean. Porcelain bathtubs are the most luxurious option, but they are also the most expensive.
- Features: Some 58 inch bathtubs come with additional features, such as built-in seats, whirlpool jets, and water features. Choose the features that are most important to you.
Where can I buy a 58 inch bathtub?
58 inch bathtubs are available at a variety of retailers, including home improvement stores, plumbing supply stores, and online retailers. When shopping for a bathtub, be sure to compare prices and features from different retailers. You can also read reviews of different models to help you make a decision.
Here are a few retailers that sell 58 inch bathtubs:
- Home Depot
- The Home Depot
there is no standard size for a 58 inch bathtub. The best way to find the right size for your bathroom is to measure the space you have available and then compare that to the dimensions of different bathtubs. Keep in mind that you will need to allow for clearance around the bathtub so that you can comfortably get in and out of it. You should also consider the type of faucet you want to install and make sure that there is enough room for it. With so many different options available, you’re sure to find the perfect 58 inch bathtub for your bathroom.
Liana Farrell is the owner of toiletty.com. She is a mom of two and is very passionate about home improvement.
Liana has ten years of home improvement experience, and in her own words, she said: “I love improving the home, and I’m very passionate about keeping the home in the best possible condition. I love it!”
Liana Farrell balances beauty and functionality when she goes about her home improvement jobs.
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Replace a Moen Faucet Cartridge in 6 Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Fix a Leaky Shower Faucet in 5 Easy Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Repair a Moen Bathroom Faucet (Step-by-Step Guide)
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Install a Freestanding Tub Faucet on Concrete: A Step-by-Step Guide