How to Clean Under the Toilet Rim
The toilet is one of the most germ-ridden places in your home, but it’s also one of the most important. That’s why it’s so important to keep it clean, especially under the rim. This area is often overlooked, but it can be a breeding ground for bacteria and other nasty stuff.
In this article, we’ll show you how to clean under the toilet rim properly. We’ll also provide some tips on how to prevent future buildup. So if you’re ready to give your toilet a deep clean, read on!
What You’ll Need
- Toilet brush
- Scrubbing pad
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Hydrogen peroxide
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Paper towels
Step Tools Instructions 1 Toilet brush Scrape away any loose dirt or debris from under the rim with the brush. 2 Bleach Pour a cup of bleach into the toilet bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes. 3 Sponge Sponge the inside of the toilet bowl, including under the rim, with a clean sponge. 4 Flush the toilet Flush the toilet to rinse away the bleach and dirt.
The toilet rim is one of the most important parts of your toilet, but it’s also one of the most neglected. Cleaning under the toilet rim is essential for keeping your toilet clean and free of bacteria.
In this guide, we will show you how to clean under the toilet rim quickly and easily. We will also provide tips on how to prevent buildup and keep your toilet rim clean in the future.
Gather your materials
You will need the following materials to clean under the toilet rim:
- Toilet brush
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Paper towels
- Gloves (optional)
Prepare the toilet
Before you start cleaning, flush the toilet to remove any water from under the rim.
If there is a lot of water, you may need to use a plunger to remove it.
Clean under the toilet rim
Once the toilet is dry, you can start cleaning under the rim.
1. Apply a generous amount of toilet bowl cleaner to the toilet brush.
2. Scrub the area under the rim in a circular motion.
3. Rinse the toilet brush under running water.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until the area under the rim is clean.
Dry the toilet
Once you have finished cleaning under the rim, use a paper towel to dry the area.
Tips for preventing buildup
To prevent buildup under the toilet rim, you can:
- Flush the toilet after every use.
- Use a toilet brush to clean the toilet rim regularly.
- Apply a deodorizer to the toilet rim to help keep it smelling fresh.
Cleaning under the toilet rim is an important part of keeping your toilet clean and free of bacteria. By following these steps, you can easily clean under the toilet rim and prevent buildup.
How To Clean Under The Toilet Rim?
Your toilet is one of the most important parts of your home, but it can also be one of the most difficult to clean. This is especially true when it comes to cleaning under the rim. The good news is that it’s not as hard as you might think. With a few simple steps, you can have your toilet looking sparkling clean in no time.
Step 1: Gather your supplies
Before you start cleaning, you’ll need to gather your supplies. You’ll need:
- A toilet brush
- A plunger
- A bucket
- A scrub brush
- A toilet bowl cleaner
- A pair of gloves
Step 2: Turn off the water
Before you start cleaning, you’ll need to turn off the water to the toilet. This will prevent any water from coming out of the toilet while you’re cleaning. To do this, find the shut-off valve located under the toilet tank. Turn the valve clockwise until it’s completely closed.
Step 3: Apply the toilet bowl cleaner
Once the water is turned off, you can start cleaning. Spray the toilet bowl cleaner under the rim. Be sure to read the instructions on the bottle to determine how long you should leave the cleaner on.
Step 4: Scrub the toilet bowl
Use the toilet brush to scrub under the rim. Be sure to get into all of the nooks and crannies. If there is a lot of build-up, you may need to use a scrub brush.
Step 5: Flush the toilet
Once you’re finished scrubbing, flush the toilet to rinse away the cleaner.
Step 6: Turn the water back on
Turn the water back on to the toilet. Be sure to check the toilet to make sure that there are no leaks.
Step 7: Dry the toilet
Use a dry cloth to dry the toilet. This will help to prevent any water spots from forming.
By following these steps, you can easily clean under the rim of your toilet. With a little bit of effort, you can keep your toilet looking its best.
How do I clean under the toilet rim?
There are a few different ways to clean under the toilet rim. Here are two methods:
Method 1: Using a Toilet Brush
1. Remove the toilet seat.
2. Dip a toilet brush into a bucket of hot, soapy water.
3. Scrub the underside of the toilet rim, paying close attention to any areas that are stained or dirty.
4. Rinse the toilet brush under running water and replace the toilet seat.
Method 2: Using a Toilet Wand
1. Fill a toilet wand with a cleaning solution.
2. Insert the wand under the toilet rim and push the plunger down to release the solution.
3. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes.
4. Use the wand to scrub the underside of the toilet rim.
5. Rinse the toilet wand and flush the toilet.
What are some common mistakes people make when cleaning under the toilet rim?
Some common mistakes people make when cleaning under the toilet rim include:
- Not removing the toilet seat. This makes it difficult to reach all of the areas under the rim.
- Using a dirty toilet brush. This can spread bacteria and dirt around the toilet.
- Not rinsing the toilet brush thoroughly. This can leave behind soap residue, which can attract dirt and bacteria.
- Not flushing the toilet after cleaning. This can leave behind cleaning solution, which can irritate the skin.
What are some tips for preventing buildup under the toilet rim?
Here are a few tips for preventing buildup under the toilet rim:
- Flush the toilet regularly. This will help to flush away dirt and bacteria.
- Use a toilet brush to clean under the rim every time you clean the toilet.
- Keep the toilet seat closed when not in use. This will help to prevent dust and dirt from accumulating under the rim.
- Use a toilet bowl deodorizer to help keep the toilet smelling fresh.
Cleaning under the toilet rim is a necessary task that should be done regularly to prevent the buildup of bacteria and mold. By following the steps in this article, you can easily and effectively clean under the toilet rim and keep your bathroom clean and sanitary.
Here are the key takeaways from this article:
- Use a toilet brush to clean the rim of the toilet.
- Reach under the rim with a toilet brush or cleaning tool to remove any debris.
- Clean the toilet bowl with a toilet brush and cleaning solution.
- Rinse the toilet bowl thoroughly and dry it with a towel.
- Repeat this process every week to keep your toilet clean and sanitary.
By following these simple steps, you can help to prevent the spread of bacteria and mold in your bathroom and keep your toilet looking its best.
Liana Farrell is the owner of toiletty.com. She is a mom of two and is very passionate about home improvement.
Liana has ten years of home improvement experience, and in her own words, she said: “I love improving the home, and I’m very passionate about keeping the home in the best possible condition. I love it!”
Liana Farrell balances beauty and functionality when she goes about her home improvement jobs.
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Replace a Moen Faucet Cartridge in 6 Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Fix a Leaky Shower Faucet in 5 Easy Steps
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Repair a Moen Bathroom Faucet (Step-by-Step Guide)
- January 11, 2024Faucet QueriesHow to Install a Freestanding Tub Faucet on Concrete: A Step-by-Step Guide